About the Photographer
I love nature photography. I have many landscape images, but wildlife is my favorite. The majority of my wildlife images are of birds. They are present everywhere, from national parks to my back deck.
Tufted Titmouse on my back deck
The Washington metropolitan area is not a popular location for nature photography. However, I find great opportunities in this area. The mountains are two hours west and the Eastern Shore is two hours east. My favorite day trips are Big Meadows, in Shenandoah National Park and Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge in Cambridge, Maryland.
Bald Eagle, Blackwater NWF
White-tailed Fawn, Big Meadows
My favorite location is Huntley Meadows Park in Alexandria, Virginia. My strong interest for wildlife photography sparked the first time I stepped on the park's quarter mile boardwalk over an active wetlands area filled with wildlife activity.
Great Egrets, Huntley Meadows Park
Nature Photography has its slow days. Other days require patience, waiting for a subject to take action. The worst days are missing a great shot. In the end, I never felt like I wasted the day.
Armed at Conowingo Dam with my Nikon and Cannon
I have a special thanks to Dr. F. Eugene Hester, Retired Deputy Director for U.S. Fish and Wildlife. He introduced me to new subjects, like the Indigo Bunting and his personal friend, Hootie, a Barred Owl.
Hootie, the Barred Owl
Thank you for checking out my site. I hope you enjoy the images.
Visit to the Anhinga Trail, Everglades National Park
Visit to Brooks Falls, Katmai National Park
- Presented my photography work on the Fairfax Station, “Photographers of Northern Virginia”
- Presented my photography work on the Arlington Channel, “Behind the Lens”:
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBYzuZBgnD8
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkdhQ_u3M4
- Image selected in the North American Nature Photography Association “Expressions”, 2016
- Juried in the Nature Visions Photography Exposition, 2002 – 2018, which included a photograph that was selected for the 2016 Nature Visions Travel Exhibit
- Published image for the United States Environmental Protection Agency's “Wildlife of Wetlands” calendar
- First place at the Huntley Meadows Photography Exhibit
- Second place for the "Wildlife" category and honorable mention for the "Birds" category at the Ward Museum of Art in Nature Photography Festival
- Album photographer for an alternative band, “The Mood” :
- Presented two Photo Exhibits at Huntley Meadows Park
- 10 year volunteer at Huntley Meadows Park