About the Photographer
I have a strong passion for nature photography. I capture a variety of subjects, but my favorite is wildlife. The majority of my wildlife images are of birds. They are present from national parks to my back deck.
Tufted Titmouse on my back deck
I find the Washington metropolitan area offers many opportunities for nature photography. The mountains are two hours west and the Eastern Shore is two hours east. My favorite day trips are Big Meadows, in Shenandoah National Park and Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge in Cambridge, Maryland.
Bald Eagle, Blackwater NWF
White-tailed Fawn, Big Meadows
My favorite location is Huntley Meadows Park in Alexandria, Virginia. My strong interest for wildlife photography sparked the first time I stepped on the park's quarter mile boardwalk over an active wetland filled with wildlife activity.
Great Egrets, Huntley Meadows Park
I have found nature photography has its slow days, requiring patience and frustrations. At the end of the day, I find that it has not been wasted.
Armed at Conowingo Dam with my Nikon and Cannon
I had great mentors over the years with my involvement at the Northern Virginia Photographic Society, the Centreville Baptist Church Photography Team, great photography workshops, especially through the Chincoteague Bay Field Station, and Dr. Eugene Hester, retired Deputy Director for U.S. Fish and Wildlife. He introduced me to new subjects, like the Indigo Bunting and his personal friend, Hootie, a Barred Owl.
Hootie, the Barred Owl
Thank you for checking out my website. I hope you enjoy the images.
Visit to the Anhinga Trail, Everglades National Park
Visit to Brooks Falls, Katmai National Park
- Presented my photography work on the Fairfax Station, “Photographers of Northern Virginia”
- Presented my photography work on the Arlington Channel, “Behind the Lens”:
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBYzuZBgnD8
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkdhQ_u3M4
- Image selected in the North American Nature Photography Association “Expressions”, 2016
- Juried in the Nature Visions Photography Exposition, 2002 – 2018, which included a photograph that was selected for the 2016 Nature Visions Travel Exhibit
- Published image for the United States Environmental Protection Agency's “Wildlife of Wetlands” calendar
- First place at the Huntley Meadows Photography Exhibit
- Second place for the "Wildlife" category and honorable mention for the "Birds" category at the Ward Museum of Art in Nature Photography Festival
- Album photographer for an alternative band, “The Mood” :
- Presented two Photo Exhibits at Huntley Meadows Park
- 10 year volunteer at Huntley Meadows Park